Saturday 7 January 2012

My Background

At the age of 17 I was diagnosed with depression, the actual diagnosis took a while as they thought I was on drugs and such (which I wasn't). I went onto medication and was travelling along nicely. I met my husband at 18 and we were married when I was 23. A few months after our wedding I had a large falling out with my best friend which led to me becoming a cutter with anything that would make me bleed. I got treatment and medication and was back to "normal" within a few months.
I fell pregnant with my first child just after I turned 25. After an easy pregnancy where I was constantly on cloud nine I had a beautiful daughter and came crashing down with a healthy dose of post natal depression. My mood began to lift at around the time of my daughters 1st birthday. I fell pregnant again at 27 and suffered from prenatal depression and post natal after the birth of our second daughter. I have my medication at a comfortable level and am coping with the demands of a mother and housewife enough that I have decided to create a blog of my day to day joys and struggles in the hope that i can help someone else that has been in a similar position to me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment